Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.Responsibilities
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be required to identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data. Continuously finding new ways to attract quality customers, maximize value of existing ones and maintain market dominance.In Particular You Will
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- C onduct thorough data analysis, help design and implement analytics programs, generate reports, and collaborate with various teams to ensure we are optimizing our resources and maximizing our market share.
- Coordinate with team to d esign and develop analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviours that drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Collaborate regularly with various teams, including market analytics
- Develop and utilize dashboards effectively .
- Remain current on industry trends with respect to Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy for the Business.
- Analyse b usiness performance continuously and comprehensively and provide timely advise to management on improvement options.
- Establish clear product performance metrics, targets and accountabilities and render report on key performance indicators to ensure that management and business owners can measure, monitor and continuously improve performance.
- Maintain business intelligence models to design, develop and generate both standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a business-related course preferably Economics, Computer Science or Accounting.
- Minimum experience o f 2 solid years of BI experience for growth.
- Numerate, analytical, high attention to detail.
- Ability to combine strong analytical skills with sound business knowledge.
- Ability to develop and evolve long-term strategies while driving tactical projects.
- Good appreciation of project management.
- Data Analysis with excellent Excel skills (Including the use of SQL and any other related software programs and tools).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders